Monday, May 18, 2009

no new insights

hmm.. the learning i've accomplished in the last few weeks has answered many of my questions regarding life.. and it appears clear to me that to seek wisdom beyond the texts of the oral and written torah is meaningless (and even damaging) to a jew.. so I would be more than happy to continue discussing science/other perspectives with people who have thoughts or questions ..but it means people here will have to bring up topics because i will no longer actively search out any knowledge that is not passed on to me from my ancestors (direct or indirect).. 

this is far from a close-minded view.. i just understand the goals and discrepancies in the paths of the 70 nations a little better now.. and the knowledge contained in other culture's wisdom (While beneficial and vital to that culture) falls under the issur in parashath re'eh of 'bringing their gold and silver into your homes'. [don't take my word for it (ask someone you trust (who has smicha)), i do not have smicha and have not heard this from someone who does.. but it is my understanding.]

hope all is well with each of you :)
yitz..

Thu Aug 17, 2000 8:34 am

No comments:

Post a Comment